Stephen Ministry congregations equip and empower lay caregivers—called Stephen Ministers—to provide high-quality, confidential, Christ-centered care to people who are hurting. Click here to learn more.
Grief Group, Tuesdays 6:00 - 7:00 pm in the Parlor
To survive and live forward, those who grieve must find answers. Beyond the Broken Heart is a support group for those who are grieving the death of a loved one and in need of a community to share the loneliness of grief. Scriptural wisdom will be used to explore the issues of grief and offer spiritual encouragement for a life of renewed hope and joy. The group will also offer some specific coping strategies to guide the way back to fullness of life. For more information, contact the Church office at 281.485.1466.
ReMIND, Wednesdays from 7:00pm-8:30 pm, DBSA Greater Houston, the Gulf Coast area's largest provider of mental health support groups, offers a support group at FUMC Pearland on Wednesdays from 7:00pm-8:30 pm in Bethel Building Room 203. For more information, please call 713.600.1131.
The Gathering Place meets on the fourth Monday of every month. This is a setting for congregational volunteers to provide a loving, safe and fun environment for "Care Partners" or senior members of the community and congregation who have special needs. Activities are designed and provided to meet the needs of those with Alzheimer's Disease, Parkinson's Disease, stroke, or other forms of confusion or memory loss. The Gathering Place is a part of Interfaith Care Partners, a non-profit organization. Contact Karen Ediger for more information.
Second Family is a ministry offering friendship, help, encouragement, and hope to individuals in need by providing home visits, respite care for a caregiver, phone calls or perhaps just reading a book out loud.
SoulCollage class is an intuitive process of self-discovery using a collage of images you create on cards, using magazine pictures, to reveal of the many aspects of yourself. It is a powerful tool of Soul Tending in our personal spiritual development. It can be a way to see and know small miracles which happen within us; to understand our soul is whole and no matter our experiences in life, that spark of the Holy is in all our souls.
Pastor Barbara is a Certified Facilitator of the SoulCollage process and is offering sessions monthly to facilitate SoulCollage work which is grounded in Christian Spiritual Development. Tap into the transformative power of imagination that can be like dreaming on paper. No artistic or creative skills needed.
Intercessory prayer group meets each Tuesday morning in the Bethel Building to pray for the many prayer requests that come into the church. Prayer request cards are located in the church office and lobbies.
For more information about any of these ministries, contact Rev. Barbara Fyffe.
Do you have a heart for service? We need you to be a part of our many ministries:
• Make phone calls in response to new prayer requests
• Praying at home in response to requests received
• Praying for those leading worship during times of worship
• Praying for MCP children and teachers during program times
• Praying for all involved in campus events (various times)
KEEPING OUR HOMEBOUND CONNECTED
• Make phone calls to our homebound members
• Send birthday, holiday, and “thinking of you” cards
• Take Communion to homebound
• Repurpose sanctuary floral arrangements for homebound delivery
• Deliver DVD, Weekly Connection, and prayer list and as requested to our homebound
• Deliver Upper Rooms and flowers (intermittent)
TIMES OF CRISIS
• Make phone calls to check status of our members in hospital or rehab
• Visit hospitalized/rehab members
• Transport members to medical appointments
• Organize meals as needed
• Cook meals as needed
• Sit with hospitalized members
• Provide pet care for hospitalized
• Provide hospitality (usher, greet) during funerals
For more information, contact Rev. Barbara Fyffe.