The role of the Discipleship Director is to lead the discipleship system and strategy for all multi-site worshipping communities of First Methodist Pearland, so that people are growing in their faith and taking their next steps as followers of Jesus Christ.
- Development and leadership of the discipleship ministry of First Methodist Pearland Church worshipping communities
- Oversight and execution of small groups and Sunday school ministry
- Championing leadership development to equip and empower people for ministry
- Oversight and execution of connection volunteer teams at the Pearland Campus
- An active and engaged part of the First Methodist Pearland worshipping community
- Fully committed, mature follower of Jesus Christ
- Deeply committed to First Methodist Pearland’s mission of “Following Jesus, Leading Others to Jesus, Changing the World.”
- Bachelor’s or seminary degree
- Thorough knowledge of the Bible and effective Bible teacher
- Experience in discipleship ministry and leadership formations on a church staff
- A goal oriented, self-starting leader who raises up other leaders and manages volunteers
- Has a desire to learn and continuously self-improve
- Organized and effective at establishing and coordinating systems
Connections Coordinator - Pearland Campus
The role of the Connections Coordinator is to lead Sunday morning guest experience and the connection of new people to faith community at FUMC Pearland, under the direction and leadership of the Connections Director. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values, and strategy of FUMC/Redeemer to welcome and connect with guests to experience a genuine sense of belonging, and move them towards next steps in faith.
The Connections Coordinator will provide leadership and oversight of Connections and Worship Volunteer Teams, ensure positive first impression for Guests, and will provide Leadership and Oversight of Guest Follow-Up Systems and Strategies.
Candidates must be available Sunday mornings.
Interested candidates should send their resume to Director of Connections and Communications, Mary Lee Stagner, email@example.com
Director of Student Ministries - Redeemer Campus
FUMC Pearland/Redeemer Church has an open full time position for a Director of Student Ministry at the Redeemer campus. This position will lead the family ministry strategy of FUMC/Redeemer Church with an intentional focus on 5th-12th grade, under the direction of the Family Pastor. The Director of Student Ministry partners with parents as the primary faith builders, leading healthy families to take their next steps in faith. This position is a leader of teams, building and supporting leaders while maintaining a relational connection with involved students and families.
Interested candidates should send their resume to Family Pastor, Thea Curry-Fuson, firstname.lastname@example.org.