Ways to serve inside our walls
Celebration Worship Team
Opportunities to serve include singers, instrumentalists, audio technicians, video technicians, videographers, Welcome Team members, greeters, ushers, communion servers, and Prayer Partners. Service opportunities in each of these areas may be structured on a weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis.
Contact: Reggie Clemons
Children's Sunday Morning Program
- Greet parents and children and help them check in.
- Teach Sunday School
- Volunteer to help at PearlandKids Church
Contact: Rev. Joseph Yoo
Children's Summer Camps
Adults are needed to help as hands-on volunteers during these activities as well as behind the scenes:
- Vacation Bible School
- G.I.F.T.S. Camp
- Lakeview Summer Camp
Sing in the sanctuary choir. The choir sings on Sunday mornings at the 8:45and 10:45 traditional worship services and at special events and services such as Christmas and Easter cantatas/musicals. Rehearsals take place every Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. in the choir room located in the Bethel Building.
Contact: Dr. Hyeok Lee
Acolytes bring the light (fire) into the sanctuary to remind us that God is present during our worship service. Acolytes extinguish the candles and walk out of the sanctuary with their candle lighters, reminding us that we take the light of Christ and scatter it out into the world. Acolytes are needed for the 8:45 and 10:45 traditional worship services.
Traditional Worship Team
Opportunities to serve include audio technicians, video technicians, Welcome Team members, greeters, ushers, and communion servers.
• Make phone calls in response to new prayer requests
• Praying at home in response to requests received
• Praying for those leading worship during times of worship
• Praying for MCP children and teachers during program times
• Praying for all involved in campus events (various times)
KEEPING OUR HOMEBOUND CONNECTED
• Make phone calls to our homebound members
• Send birthday, holiday, and “thinking of you” cards
• Take Communion to homebound
• Repurpose sanctuary floral arrangements for homebound delivery
• Deliver DVD, Weekly Connection, and prayer list and as requested to our homebound
• Deliver Upper Rooms and flowers (intermittent)
TIMES OF CRISIS
• Make phone calls to check status of our members in hospital or rehab
• Visit hospitalized/rehab members
• Transport members to medical appointments
• Organize meals as needed
• Cook meals as needed
• Sit with hospitalized members
• Provide pet care for hospitalized
• Provide hospitality (usher, greet) during funerals
Contact: Rev. Barbara Fyffe